Sunday, September 25, 2005

Serenity!


Serenity
Five hundred years in the future, there is a whole new frontier, and the crew of the Firefly-class spaceship Serenity is eager to stake a claim on the action. They'll take any job, legal or illegal, to keep fuel in the tanks and food on the table. But things get a bit more complicated after they take on a passenger wanted by the new totalitarian Alliance regime. Now they find themselves on the run, desperate to steer clear of Alliance ships and the flesh-eating Reavers who live on the...

W00t! Serenity opens this Friday (September 30th)! As many of you know me and the wife only get to see about one movie a year (remember folks, jello-shots=children) and this is it. If you missed the Tv series it is based on go rent it from Netflix or save yourself the time and just buy it. I would say you could borrow my copy, but that ain't happenin'! I know, those Buffy fans are kinda freaks. Believe me, I was right there with you...until I watched Buffy. The Buffy freaks may be scary, but the've got a point. I almost escaped the "worship at the alter of Joss Whedon" syndrome with his Angel series (sorry Buffy freaks but Angel didn't hold a candle to Buffy). Almost. Then I rented Firefly. I must have more! Seriously, I'd trade 5 episodes of Battlestar Gallactica for one more episode of Firefly. And I really like Battlestar. So, go see Serenity. If you don't then they might not make another movie (or renew the series. Pleeeeese renew the series!). Then I will be upset. Very upset. You wouldn't like me when I'm upset. So when are we going?

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, October 04, 2005 12:01:00 AM, Blogger Coherent Light said...

And Serenity totally kick ass btw.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home