Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The LightSnake - USB Guitar Cord

light snake
The LightSnake. - The Red Ferret Journal
Super cool-ness ahoy! Not only is this a sound card built into a USB cable that lets you play your electric guitar directly into a computer, but it lights up too when data is passing along its length. Complete with noise reduction circuitry. How cool can you get, dude? Mac or PC.

Now the Schram-man can play astoundingly bad music (in all fairness it's what he plays, not how he plays) on the computer and have the bonus of blinky lights.

Hmmm...
The LightSnake features SoundTech’s patented “Live when Lit” technology cable ends that glow when connected properly and flash indicating when sound is being transmitted.

Is it just me, or is this thing aimed the complete freaking moron musician? Glow when connected properly? Ummmm...if you can't figure out when your guitar is plugged in you should just give up now and switch to something easy. Like the drums.

Link to the LightSnake

8 Comments:

At Sunday, November 26, 2006 2:35:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coherent: It doesn't light up to tell you that you're connected properly. It light us when connected properly because that's cool - people like things that light up and blink. If the occasional moron needs a little help then that's cool too, but I don't really believe that's why they added the light.

 
At Friday, December 01, 2006 9:42:00 AM, Blogger Coherent Light said...

I suspect you are correct. However, if I had said that the blinky light was just for the coolness factor I wouldn't have been able to make fun of drummers. And ,really, should you ever pass up a chance to make fun of drummers?

 
At Monday, January 08, 2007 11:00:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dare you to tell a drummer that to their face. We are all in better shape than gutar players and I'm betting that my 6 year old nephew can out play you on guitar AND drums. Sleep on that.

 
At Monday, January 08, 2007 2:35:00 PM, Blogger Coherent Light said...

Why, what's a drummer going to do? Paradiddle me to death?

Anyway, I am certain that your 6 year old nephew could outplay me; since I have the good fortune of being attractive enough to pick up chicks without having to learn an instrument.

 
At Sunday, May 25, 2008 12:43:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats kinda ignorant. I could pick up chicks without playing guitar. But I still do because I enjoy music. You should be playing for enjoyment not for appearance. If you aren't, you obviously don't appreciate music and shouldn't be playing in the first place. Thanks for the article though, but the link doesn't work.

 
At Monday, August 04, 2008 2:19:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What did the drummer get on his ACT test? Drool!

 
At Wednesday, August 26, 2009 3:16:00 PM, Blogger secondhand motive said...

I came in here looking for a way to plug my guitar into my mac... now I'm looking for a sense of humor... anyone seen one?

 
At Wednesday, August 26, 2009 4:13:00 PM, Blogger Coherent Light said...

Well, I've been looking in the bottom of rum bottles, but so far I haven't had any luck. I think I will try vodka bottles next.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home