Sunday, May 29, 2005

Addicted to e-mail? You're not alone

Addicted to e-mail? You're not alone | CNET News.com
The survey revealed that, on average, people check their mail about five times a day, and a quarter of them cannot go without it for more than three days at a stretch. More than 4,000 people across 20 U.S. cities participated in the survey, carried out by AOL in partnership with Opinion Research.

Kind of ironic reading this right now. I have now been without email for 8 hours. Since my nieghbor decided to have a sprinkler system installed I seem to be without cable service. No tv, no cable modem, no god damn email. I seem to fall into the unsurveyed group that can't go without email for 1 hour. I know what you are thinking. Gee Mr. Light, maybe you didn't notice, but you seem to be on the net right now. Well yes that is true. One of my neighbors generously donated their wireless access for me to use. Well, I'm certain they would if I asked. However, this generous neighbor seems to have filtering software installed that blocks access to POP, SMTP, oh and web mail too. So I can post and surf (some sites, some seems to be blocked as well) but I can't check my god damn email. I know what else you are thinking as well (I am positively psychic today). No, residential internet access is not run behind a god damn web filter. That's what happens when you live in the boonies folks. Not a single cable modem with a wireless access point installed in the whole freakin' neighborhood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home