Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Google Earth - Home

Google Earth - Home
Want to know more about a specific location? Dive right in -- Google Earth combines satellite imagery, maps and the power of Google Search to put the world's geographic information at your fingertips.
Fly from space to your neighborhood. Type in an address and zoom right in.
Search for schools, parks, restaurants, and hotels. Get driving directions.
Tilt and rotate the view to see 3D terrain and buildings.
Save and share your searches and favorites. Even add your own annotations.

All right, I admit, I heard the buzz about the Google Earth project for a bit now. Oh great, that's what I was really needing another fucking map. Go ahead, admit it. You thought it too. Hell, if you haven't seen Google Earth you're still thinking it. Time to start forgetting. For starters, it is not what you think! This thing is staggering. I spent the first 30 minutes using the program saying, "Whoa. Whaaat? Holy crap! You can't do that!". Repeat non-stop for 30 minutes. I'd like to describe it to you, I can't. Everytime I think too much about it I sart sounding like Jessica Simpson confronted with a Physics question. Just go take a look. Just for a minute. C'mon man the first hit is free.

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, August 03, 2005 7:14:00 PM, Blogger Coherent Light said...

Now you can see why I had such a hard time explaining it. See it's this globe see, and you can like zoom in and it shows stuff....
Sounds less coherent than my usual posts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home